Employee Wellness Programmes (EWP)
The disease burden in South Africa, when compared to our peer countries, is 50% worse. The leading conditions resulting in death and disability are Diabetes, Hypertension (high blood pressure), Hyperlipidaemia (high cholesterol) and HIV/AIDS.
The vast majority of South Africans have no or limited access to treatment and care and the private sector remains unaffordable for two thirds of the workforce.
In workforces where these diseases are unmanaged, the payroll drag is in excess of 5%. Therefore it is costing employers more to not provide any form of health benefit.
Proactive onsite screening and high-treatment compliance ratios deliver positive return on investment to Kaelo clients.
Kaelo adopts a proactive, preventative and patient-centred approach to manage illness and promote wellness in the workplace, creating a holistic environment for employees. Our integrated employee wellness programme called Protect is designed to focus on the overall health and well-being of employees and related productivity.
Our experienced Account Managers work with clients to implement measurable solutions which include:
- Annual wellness days
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme to provide psychosocial support to employees and their families
- Ongoing telephonic and onsite disease management and health coaching by our team of qualified clinicians
- Access to private Doctors, x-rays, blood tests and medication for the treatment of the defined conditions
- GP visits for general health check-ups or treatment
- Health awareness campaigns via newsletters, emails and posters
- A comprehensive policy
- Ongoing reporting.
These initiatives aim to boost awareness and participation in health programmes, leading to improved well-being for each individual employee.
Our medical advisors are available 24 hours a day, year-round, providing telephonic support in all official languages and information on:
- Changing lifestyle behaviours to improve well-being
- Diet and exercise
- Healthy and positive living
- High cholesterol
- Hypertension and high blood pressure
- Sexual health