Kickstart Your New Year with a Health Goal.
The new year is always a good time to set goals for the upcoming year, why not use it as an excuse to get rid of bad habits and implement new health goals which you can stick to.
According to the Franklin Covey firm, one-third of resolutioners don’t make it past the end of January.
The secret is, don’t set yourself up for failure this year by vowing to make huge changes that will be hard to keep instead pick the right resolution. You will give yourself your best shot at success if you set a goal that is doable — and meaningful too.
While health goals commonly have to do with weight loss, your health is also about integrating self-care into your life, staying on top of your mental health, and getting adequate sleep. Maintaining optimal health isn’t only good for your well-being, it also affects your ability to achieve your other goals. By becoming the best version of yourself, you will be setting yourself up for success in everything you do.
The reason why resolutions don’t last is that they are created based on what someone else (or society) is telling you to change; they are too vague and there’s no realistic plan for achieving your resolution. It’s important to realise that your health and well-being are the product of a combination of your everyday habits, and not simply one aspect of it. All of your lifestyle choices become interlinked, so in order to improve one facet of your health, you have to step back to look at the big picture and your life balance.
Here are some health goals you can achieve this year, challenge yourself to a goal per month:
1. Eat a Plant-Based Diet: Implement Meatless Mondays to your January.
2. Increase Your Physical Strength: Take up that gym membership or put on your running shoes and hit the road.
3. Plan and Prep Your Meals.
4. Practice Portion Control and Mindful Eating by adding more vegetables to your meal.
5. Learn to Unplug: Spending some time off social media and electronics is said to be good for your health.
6. Take the Time For Self-Care.
7. Get Adequate Sleep.
8. Maintain a Positive Mindset.
9. Educate Yourself: This is the perfect time to learn something new.
10. Reduce your Fast Food Intake.
11. Reduce Smoking, Drinking and Unhealthy Habits.
12. Learn to Reward Yourself for all the Goals you’ve Achieved.
Wishing you a healthy and successful 2022.